Friday, January 8, 2010

Test Cricket is Still Alive

Since the T20 big shows i.e. ICL, IPL, Worldcup introduced to world cricket many cricketing fan including me would have saw end of Test cricket in few years time. T20 was short format and everyone started falling into it. After few months I started realising its not cricket which I had been following for 18 years.
Even though longest version takes your valuable time but it has own beauty. Its not just playing few good shots and becoming hero or blowing fews overs.
Recently finished two test matches caught my attention and again proved, why 5 days format of cricket called as toughest. First was Pak vs Aus.. Pak couldn't believe they are going to win test match in downunder and bundled in 4th inning. The reason was test matches is not only about your technical skills, it also checks your mental strength, your ability to be compose and concentrate on goal for 5 continous days. I tell you no other sports in this world demand such kind of ability from a sports person.
Secondly I saw End vs SA.. each day of this match was bringing new excitment. SA was fighting to level home series and Eng was for clinching it. What else you can ask from a test match where result was not decided untill Styne bowled last delivery and Swann defended that to draw.
I sure to see more such matches and keep enjoying it!

No comments: